Alliance Air Products and Daikin Applied begin construction of production plant in Tijuana. It will create more than 1,000 jobs!

With an investment of 121 million dollars, this manufacturing plant will contribute to the region's economic growth and talent development

In the morning of Wednesday, June 12, the construction of a new manufacturing plant began; this factory is a collaboration between Alliance Air Products, corporation headquartered in San Diego, California, and Daikin Applied Americas, from Osaka, Japan. This new infrastructure will be located at the level of the Los Nogales Industrial Park at Delegación La Presa.

Currently, Alliance Air has a production plant in the city of Tijuana. However, its alliance with Daikin Applied, company that operates in more than 175 countries and regions in the world, represents a significant achievement for the economic development and creation of new jobs in the region.

Economic impact and creation of new jobs in the city

With an investment of 121 million dollars, this manufacturing plant will respond to the growing demand of the air conditioning industry in North America. This factory, which will have an area of 46,000 square meters, will create more than 1,000 jobs and around 1,150 new job positions.

During the ceremony where the first stone was laid, Luis Plascencia, President and CEO of Alliance Air Products, expressed his enthusiasm and pointed out that this investment will not only strengthen Alliance Air's position in the region, but will also contribute to the economic growth and talent development in Tijuana.

Energy efficiency and sustainability: Principles of Alliance Air and Daikin Applied

This plant, whose construction is expected to end in spring 2025, will be in operations in June of that same year. Its focus will be the manufacturing of energy-efficient HVAC refrigeration solutions, with most of its specific approach being on air conditioning treatment equipment for data centers.

Yu Nishiwaki, Chief Operating Officer at Daikin Applied Americas, underscored the importance of this expansion to satisfy the changing needs of the HVAC market, especially when it comes to energy efficiency and sustainability.

"Daikin has been leading the air conditioning industry for 100 years. We have been constant pioneers, innovating in basic technologies such as compressors, inverters, heat pumps, and coolants. With this new plant, we are expanding our manufacturing capabilities to support the sustainable growth of data in North America," he said.

Tijuana: A global base of manufacturing talent

In an interview with San Diego, President and CEO of Alliance Air Products, Luis Plascencia, explained that with this new plant they will continue to fortify Tijuana as a global base of manufacturing talent.

Highly efficient equipment was built not only for the United States, but for all of Latin America. 75% of the products that will be made in this plant will go to the American market, while the remaining 25% will go to Latin American countries.

After being asked about the main challenges that the air conditioning treatment industry faces and how this new plant is looking to address them, Luis Plascencia said the following:

One of the most important challenges is speed. The Data Center market is changing very fast and technology has to adapt to these changes, while also aligning itself with sustainability trends, especially with what the clients indicate as they are increasingly more involved in reducing their carbon emissions.

Plascencia said that they have successfully operated for two decades in Tijuana. "We have 986 exceptionally talented employees involved in the design and production of highly personalized air treatment units and we hope to continue with our growth with this new project."

The construction of this plant is an important milestone in the collaboration between Alliance Air Products and Daikin Applied Americas, and it represents a significant step towards the future of the air conditioning industry with a focus on efficiency, sustainability, and operational excellence.

Daikin Plant Render:

VIDEO: Interviews with George Paich, Marketing and Sales Director of Alliance Air Products; and Luis Placencia, President and CEO of Alliance Air Products

[dailymotion title="Alliance Air Products y Daikin Applied inician construcción de planta de producción en Tijuana" image="" duration="140"]x908ekk[/dailymotion]


  • Facebook

  • SanDiegoRed

  • New

  • Best

    Recent News more