An increase in the number of migrants apprehended while attempting to cross the border between Mexico and the United States.

As a result, there are more injuries and deaths.

As more migrants attempt to enter the United States in search of a better life, there have been 1.6 million arrests of migrants who tried to cross illegally and were detained by Customs and Border Protection personnel this year, according to Carlos González Gutiérrez, Consul General of Mexico in San Diego, during a press conference.

As a result, he claims that the rise in illegal crossings has increased the number of people who have been injured or killed while attempting to enter the United States in quest of the American dream.

According to reports, at least one migrant is hurt or has an accident every day, with 80 percent of mishaps occurring when they cross the barrier and the remaining 20% fainting due to dehydration.

In turn, he noted that 30 migrants had already died attempting to cross, a significant rise from the 11 migrants who died trying to cross from Mexico to the United States in 2019. The most common cause of mortality among migrants is heatstroke.

Video: Garita Otay II is expected in Tijuana by 2024


  • Facebook

  • SanDiegoRed

  • New

  • Best

    Recent News more